Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Jitters

Oy, the marathon is but two days off and I finally understand my jittery, jumpy condition.  Nerves!!!

Weeks ago, heck last week, I felt so confident about the race - and now, the doubts and what ifs are starting to creep in... 

Shake, shake, shake...

That was close!  Yes, I know I can do this.  I need to keep visualizing myself crossing the finish line - hands up in the air - a perfect smile - and it will come true.

This carb loading stuff is interesting.  Kind of like being pregnant and having a craving for bagels and pasta....  Too bad chocolate and popcorn isn't on the menu!  Problem for me is that I just don't feel like eating this stuff right now.  I'm actually just tired - and more interested in sleeping and resting, as opposed to trying to stuff down one more pretzel or figuring out just what to serve with the rice, again...  I usually take a GU every 5 - 7 km, so hopefully with what I have eaten, and the GU's, I'll be fine in the carb department.

My last 5 km run was this morning - and it was somewhat dragging.  It's hard for me to slow down as it just makes me feel less energetic about the entire run.  However, thanks God, I did avoid all the pot holes, gravel, rocks and uneven sidewalks. I can tell that I've got a lot in reserves because of this taper, and can't wait to channel it during the marathon.

Tonight I'm also going for a pre marathon massage.  Not TOO intense, just the kinks.  (Albeit, an hour and half kink workout!)

Everyone is psyched.  My husband is about as excited as I am - and so supportive!  I bought him a GPS two weeks ago, and he is eager to use it to map our route up to Tiberius, and I bought him another gift for being such a sport.  I won't mention it yet - as I want to surprise him.

Randy - this marathon goes out to you for your tremendous support and encouragement the entire way, and for believing in me when I was doubtful!

More later.

Best,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment