Saturday, March 13, 2010

Running with Hubby

Hubby is learning to run - and pretty much fighting and hating it the whole way. Tonight I did 6.5 km on my own and then joined up with him to do another 4.5 km. Not fun. I mean it, not fun.

I think I want him to be a runner more than he wants to be a runner - and that's a big problem for both of us. He really needs to run for his health. You know, extra pounds, cholesterol too high, all that kind of middle age stuff... Problem is he wants it to be simple. He does not like hard work at all. For me - I want him to like it - but why should anyone like running when they are over weight and struggling to catch their breath every 20 paces... I guess it's not fun.

Okay so I need to be more patient. And I guess yelling at him all the way up the hill is NOT a good thing to do. But I don't want him to be a loser and he was threatening to quit... No quitters allowed in this family. Nothing worth doing ever comes easy - and we both need time to see that.

So I don't think I'm going to run with hubby for a while - and maybe I need to let him come to the decision on whether or not he will be a runner, on his own as well. You can't make someone love, or even like running for that matter. But it would be nice....

No comments:

Post a Comment